DIY Gifts for Kids: Snowman Candle
Helping kids to make gifts for their friends, teachers, or siblings is a lot of fun! Here’s an easy craft idea that uses around-the-house materials and creates minimal mess: turn a plain white pillar candle into a cute snowman!
Things You'll Need:
- A white pillar candle in a clear, glass jar (vanilla or other wintry-scented candles make a fine, festive touch)
- Scraps of felt or fabric
- Pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Permanent marker, black or choice of colors (kids, wear your smocks!)
- Crafting glue (heat-tolerant and suitable for adhering to glass)
Tip: Save yourself some cleanup time. Lay down a drop cloth before getting out the materials!
- Depending on their age and ability, you may need to help the kids cut out and glue googly eyes to the glass pillar candle. Use permanent marker to draw on nose, mouth and buttons.
- Cut out and fashion a removable hat and removable scarf from fabric or felt scraps.
- Affix pipe cleaners to fashion arms. Ambitious kid crafters might even make little felt mittens for their snowman. Encourage your kids’ creativity!
- With a permanent marker or in paint, write “To:” and “From:” on the bottom of the jar. Allow writing to thoroughly dry before setting candle right-side up again.
Safety Note: Do NOT light candle with felt or fabric attached. Remove your snowman’s winter gear and stow it safely away prior to lighting the candle!