Salt Dough Leaves
Created by: Elisabeth McKnight, Bella the Blog
These easy salt dough leaves are a great way to get the kids involved with the Thanksgiving decor. Poke holes through them before baking to use them as napkin ties, or just scatter them across the table to add a bit of color.
For the basic salt dough leaves, you'll need equal parts salt and flour with a half part of water.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine the flour and salt. Add warm water and mix well.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out on a flat surface until it's about ¾” thick.
- Cut out desired shapes. Use a toothpick to create a small hole if you're using them for napkin ties.
- Bake at 200˚ F for 4 hours.
- Let cool.
- Paint with assorted acrylic paints if you like.