Vitacost Synergy Bioavailable Folate Featuring Quatrefolic Vitamin Supplement Capsules
What is Bioavailable Folate?
Folate, named after the Latin word for leaf (folium), is a B vitamin found in leafy green vegetables, citrus fruits, beans and peas. It’s not produced or stored by the body and must be regularly replenished through diet.
When supplementing with folate, most people take folic acid—which is a synthetic form of folate. In the body, folic acid must be metabolized to its bioactive form before it can be used—and only a small percentage is believed to actually make it into the body’s cells.
Now, Bioavailable Folate offers a better way to obtain folate. It features Quatrefolic®, a scientifically advanced, active form of folate that’s complexed with glucosamine for better solubility and bioavailabilty than other available forms.
What are the key benefits of Synergy Bioavailable Folate?
- Folate is an essential B vitamin needed by the body to produce and maintain new cells, as well as for the creation of DNA and RNA.*
- Folate is needed for the maintenance of healthy homocysteine levels.*
- Folate plays a part in the formation of SAM-e (s-adenosyl methionine), a compound that regulates many functions, including mood.*
Why is Synergy Bioavailable Folate your everyday essential?
- Features Quatrefolic®, a scientifically advanced folate with higher solubility and better bioavailability than other forms
- Supplies 1,240 mcg DFE of folate per single-capsule serving
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Contains 60 servings per bottle
- Exceptional quality, extraordinary value
Potency • Purity • Pride
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.