15-Minute Homemade Apple Fritters
Serve these delicious fruity confections warm — they're guaranteed to fly off your table.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 6 minutesTotal: 21 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Simple Truth™ Cage Free Large Brown Eggs Grade A, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 1 cup canola oil
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk together. Slowly incorporate into dry ingredients, then add diced apple.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Drop teaspoon of apple batter into hot oil and fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels to cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when ready to serve.