30-Minute BBQ Cauliflower Steaks
This delicious plant-powered dish is made with thick slices of cauliflower and flavored with an Asian-inspired BBQ sauce, giving you grill-worthy flavor without the grill (or the meat).
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large cauliflowers, ends trimmed and cut into thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Kroger Brand Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In medium bowl, mix together garlic, cumin, paprika, dry mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, red wine vinegar, date syrup and sea salt. Set aside.
- In non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil. Sear cauliflower steaks 4 to 6 minutes, turning once.
- Arrange steaks on prepared baking sheet. Rub tops with half the prepared BBQ sauce. Bake 3 minutes, carefully turning once. Rub other side of steaks with remaining BBQ sauce. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or until cauliflower is crisp tender.