30-Minute Roasted Acorn Squash Orange Salad
Lightly seasoned and roasted acorn squash adds the right amount of warmth to this light and tangy salad.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 heads lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange, peeled and segmented
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together squash, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper; spread onto prepared baking sheet. Roast 45 minutes, until tender.
- In a jar or salad shaker, combine apple cider vinegar, orange juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, chili powder and ginger.
- In a large serving bowl, combine lettuce, kale, red onion, orange, roasted squash and dressing.