30-Minute Steak with Roasted Pear and Fennel
Tender roasted pear and fennel mingle to create an unparalleled side dish that perfectly complements classic New York strip steaks.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 pears, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 butter, melted
- 2 boneless New York strip steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On roasting sheet, arrange fennel and pears. Drizzle with olive oil and melted butter. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Roast 10 to 15 minutes; uncover and continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes, until tender and browned.
- Rub steaks with salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and paprika.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Cook steaks 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve roasted pear and fennel over steaks.