30-Minute Vegetarian Red Curry
Traditionally, curry can take hours to prepare. When under a time crunch, you can shortcut the whole process by using store-bought curry paste and coconut milk! This simple trick saves time without making you feel like you cheated the authenticity of the dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth® Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 Yukon Gold potato, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini squash, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 1 can Kroger® Premium Coconut Milk
- 1⁄4 cup red curry paste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cooked brown rice
- Heat the coconut oil to medium-high in a large skillet or wok. Add the yellow onion, carrot and potato. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies have softened, but are still al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, prepare the curry sauce by pouring the coconut milk and curry paste into a blender and blend until completely smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the bell pepper, ginger, and garlic to the skillet with the veggies and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash, along with the red curry sauce. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until squash is cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes.
- Taste curry for flavor and add sea salt to taste. Serve curry with cooked rice and fresh cilantro.