5-Cheese Pizza with Arugula Salad
A pizza dinner is a great way to get kids involved, especially during National Family Meal Month. From shredding the cheese to dressing the simple salad, your kids can take control of putting this meal together. It’s cheesy and flavorful, and the peppery arugula salad becomes the perfect topping and side dish in one!
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Pizza Crust
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half long-ways
- 5-cheese Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 block Parmesan (have the kids grate ¼ cup)
- 1 bag arugula salad greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven per package instructions.
- Stretch out the dough on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Partially bake the pizza crust approximately 4 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes. Taking care of the hot pan, give children half of the garlic and have them rub the cut side on the still warm dough. (This will leave some flavor without leaving big chunks of garlic that kids might not enjoy.)
- Have your kids sprinkle the Italian blend cheese over the dough.
- Top with the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. (Parmesan browns really nicely!)
- Bake in oven for approximately 8 minutes, until crust is golden brown and the cheese is completely melted, then remove.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl mix up the olive oil, lemon juice and pepper.
- Add arugula to a bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Top pizza with arugula. Cut pizza and enjoy.