Apple, banana, and carrot give these muffins superb moistness and flavor. Packed with vitamins and nutrients, they make a great cholesterol-free breakfast or quick snack.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium banana, peeled and mashed
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1½ tsp. sodium-free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-muffin tin lightly with oil or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- Place the apples, carrots, and banana into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Place tin on middle rack in oven and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place tin on wire rack to cool. Cool fully before removing muffins from tin and eating.