Absolute Apple Muffins
Grab a handful of nuts or eat an 8-ounce container of low-fat yogurt with this moist and delicious muffin for a well-rounded, power-filled snack.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup, plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely chopped, skinless apples
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine oil, 3⁄4 cup sugar, milk, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl until well blended. Add apples and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add the wet mixture to the dry.
- Pour combined batter into muffin cups, filling half way. Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.