Acorn Squash Autumn Bisque
The yellow-orange color of squash is derived from its rich content of vitamin A. One cup of acorn squash provides more than 100 percent of the daily recommended amount of vitamin A.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-natural chicken broth
- 2 medium sized acorn squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine the broth, squash, onion, cinnamon, coriander, and cumin in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Blend the soup, coconut milk, and lemon juice in food processor until smooth. Add pepper before serving.