Made with fiber-rich cereal and topped with cinnamon-sugar, these delightful muffins are a warm, welcome and wholesome treat after a long day of schoolwork.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup + 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Raisin Bran® cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line twelve 2½” muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Stir together flour, remaining sugar, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
- Add egg, oil and chocolate morsels; beat well. Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Portion evenly into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with sugar-cinnamon topping.
- Bake 20 minutes, until lightly browned.