Aioli is a basic French mayonnaise used throughout the Mediterranean. It’s loaded with garlic and can include a variety of different herbs. You can also add tomatoes and spices.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pasteurized eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup avocado oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. minced tarragon
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Reserve 1 teaspoon garlic; set aside. Combine remaining garlic, eggs, lemon juice, vinegar, and mustard in a blender.
- Add the oil a little at a time and continue to blend. When the mixture is creamy, taste. Add tarragon, salt, and pepper. Pulse to blend. Stir in the reserved garlic.