This Aioli Sauce comes from the south of France. It’s part of the great fish aioli tradition, but can also be used as a dip. It's got lots of garlic!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- When you’ve peeled the garlic, use one clove to rub on the surface of the bowl you’re going to make the aioli in. Put the others in a mortar with a teaspoon of salt. Crush them with the pestle.
- Put the crushed garlic cloves in the serving bowl. Add the egg yolks and the pepper, and whisk the mixture steadily. Pour the olive oil in little by little, whisking without stopping, until the sauce is thick.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator to chill before you use it. The aioli must be very cold!