Air Fryer Chicken Strips and Sweet Potatoes
Get the crunchiness of fried food without using lots of oil! Make a big batch of this recipe’s cornflake crumb mixture and keep it on hand to whip up crunchy favorites in a jiffy.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 3 cups Kroger® Corn Flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Whole Buttermilk or Kroger® Low Fat Buttermilk
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into sticks ½”x½”x3”
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Lite Southwest Ranch Style Dressing
- Crush the cornflakes to make fine crumbs, resembling coarse cornmeal. Mix in a medium sized bowl with the brown sugar, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Whisk the egg and buttermilk together and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add chicken tenders to the mixture and marinate at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F or a conventional oven to 400°F. Spray the air fryer basket or baking pan with Simple Truth™ cooking spray. Remove chicken from the buttermilk and roll in the cornflake crumb mixture to coat.
- If using an air fryer add coated chicken strips to the fryer basket and cook for 12-15 minutes until crisp and cooked through. If baking in the oven, arrange the coated chicken strips on the baking pan and bake for 15 minutes, turning over and baking another 10 minutes on the other side.
- Spray the cut sweet potatoes with coconut oil cooking spray and season with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon ground pepper. Cook in the air fryer basket at 370°F for 8 minutes or in a conventional oven on a sprayed sheet tray at 400°F for 20 minutes. Serve with ranch dressing and a green salad or steamed vegetables on the side.