Air Fryer Crispy Keto Shrimp
The secret to these ultra-crispy, keto-friendly shrimp is the breading made from crushed chicharrones (pork rinds). The crunch and flavor are both incredible.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 6 minutesTotal: 26 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 3 ounces chicharrones (pork rinds)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 16 ounces Simple Truth™ Peeled & Deveined Jumbo Raw Shrimp, thawed
- Avocado oil spray, for cooking
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Mix together mayonnaise, tomato paste, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In food processor, pulse chicharrones until fine crumbs. Transfer to wide, shallow bowl.
- In second wide, shallow bowl, place eggs.
- Pat shrimp dry. Coat each shrimp in egg, allowing excess to drip back into bowl, then coat in crumbs.
- In air fryer basket, arrange breaded shrimp in single layer. Coat lightly with avocado oil spray.
- Air fry 6-8 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve shrimp with creamy cocktail sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.