Alabama Peanut Soup
This is a creamy peanut soup, and the taste is just heavenly. Garnish with small red peppers along with chopped peanuts for a memorable presentation.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium ribs celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. celery salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté celery and onion in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Add flour, stirring until blended and bubbly. Stir in warm chicken broth. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peanut butter, heavy cream, lemon juice, salt, and celery salt. Cook soup, stirring constantly, until hot.
- If you would like a smooth soup, blend in batches until smooth. Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with ground peanuts.