Albondigas is a Mexican meatball soup, here made easy with frozen precooked meatballs.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 jar (16 oz.) green salsa
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups beef broth
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen precooked meatballs
- 2 cups frozen corn
- In large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add chilies, salsa, tomatoes, beef broth, black pepper, and oregano and bring to a simmer. Add meatballs and corn. Bring back to a simmer; simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.