Alfredo Stuffed Mushrooms
Use smaller mushrooms for a one-bite appetizer or large portobello mushrooms for an elegant luncheon entrée.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. medium mushrooms
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, shelled and chopped
- 2 cups toasted Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup jarred Alfredo sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a large baking dish with oil. Clean the mushrooms, scrape out the gills, and remove the stems. Finely dice the mushroom stems.
- Place the mushroom caps stemmed-side up in the baking dish along with the wine. Cover and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the diced mushroom stems, clams, breadcrumbs, chives, wine, and Alfredo sauce.
- Mound the clam mixture on top of the mushroom caps in the baking dish. Cover and bake for 10 minutes.