This recipe takes an old favorite and cleans it up with all-natural ingredients that combine for healthy nutrition.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups tomato pureé
- 2 cups water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until thoroughly blended and still slightly chunky.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.