Quick, easy, and less expensive than manufactured options, this recipe will quickly become your multipurpose go-to for great granola!
Serves: 20Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup all-natural organic maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup natural organic honey or agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 cups natural rolled oats
- 1 cup toasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup natural pecans, measured then chopped
- 1 cup natural walnuts, measured then chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups honey wheat germ
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil and olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the syrup, honey or agave, oil, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add the oats, sunflower seeds, chopped nuts, cinnamon, and wheat germ. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. Shake the mixture or turn with a spatula, return to the oven, and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crispy.