Almond Apricot Sauce
Try this delicious sauce over a bowl of fresh fruit for a great summer dessert!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (16 oz.) apricot halves in light syrup, undrained
- ¼ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Purée apricots with syrup in blender until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, combine apricot purée, pineapple juice, sugar, and almond extract over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Continue stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken. Add cornstarch and water.
- Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.