Almond Berry Smoothie
Almonds are the star of this flavorful smoothie—almond butter and whole almonds combine for a mix of crunchy and smooth textures. The omega-3 content of this smoothie is boosted with the addition of flaxseed, which adds even nuttier flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup strawberries
- Combine 1 cup almond milk with the almond butter, almonds, and flaxseed in a blender and emulsify. For a smoother texture, emulsify completely until no nut pieces remain. For a chunky texture, be sure to leave some pieces of almond intact.
- Add spinach and strawberries and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining 1 cup of almond milk as needed while blending until desired consistency is reached.