Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These almond butter cookies use whole-wheat flour and are packed with chocolate chips for full almond-chocolate flavor. Enjoy a soft, velvety textured cookie without a speck of butter!
Makes: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄8 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 1 tsp. molasses
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Add the almond butter, molasses, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla and mix all the ingredients together until smooth. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into about 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.