Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Naturally vegan and gluten-free, these oatmeal cookies are easy and healthy! Try adding dark chocolate chips to really intensify the chocolate flavor.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 cup natural creamy almond butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup sugar-free vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the applesauce and flaxseed and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream together the almond butter and coconut sugar. Add the salt, vanilla, and applesauce mixture. Mix in the baking soda and oats. Add the chocolate chips and mix until everything is combined.
- For each cookie, scoop out about 1 tablespoon of dough and shape into a ball. Place balls on baking sheets 2" apart and bake for 8 minutes. Cookies will firm more when cooled, so don’t over bake! Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.