Almond Butter Cookies
These sweet cookies make a delicious and nutritious alternative to the traditional peanut butter cookies. Just like peanut butter cookies, they’re protein-packed and a favorite with kids!
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil and olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours and baking powder, and blend well.
- Add the almond butter, applesauce, honey, and egg to the dry ingredients, and mix to combine.
- Drop the cookie mix onto the baking sheet in rounded heaping teaspoons.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes, or until golden brown.