The dried minced onion will absorb some of the chicken broth during the cooking process and naturally thicken the sauce. For a more subtle flavor, use freeze-dried shallots instead.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (14 oz.) gluten-free chicken broth
- 4 strips bacon, cooked
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup dried minced onion
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free soy sauce
- 1½ cups sliced celery
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Add the chicken broth to a greased 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cut the bacon and chicken into bite-sized pieces; add to the slow cooker along with the onion, mushrooms, soy sauce, and celery. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over rice and top with almonds.