Almond Chicken with Plum Sauce
Walnuts are an excellent source of B vitamins, magnesium, and antioxidants like vitamin E.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. sherry
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, chopped
- ½ cup plum sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; sprinkle with sherry and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and oils until frothy. Fold chicken pieces into egg mixture; roll individually in chopped almonds.
- Arrange chicken pieces on baking sheet treated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until almonds are lightly browned and chicken juices run clear. Serve with plum sauce for dipping.