The good stuff in this granola mix just keeps on going. Use this mix as a snack or as a topping for yogurt.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered almonds
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside. Combine oil, honey, molasses, and extracts in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and keep boiling until well blended, about 4 minutes. Pour slowly over the dry ingredients.
- Divide evenly on two sheet pans with sides. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and turn all ingredients with a large spoon or spatula.
- Return to oven for 4 minutes, remove, and turn ingredients. Repeat 4 to 5 more times every 4 minutes to ensure granola is evenly browned.
- Cool thoroughly. Mix in the raisins. Store in an airtight container.