Almond Coconut Mini Bundt Cake
Mini Bundt cakes are cute, perfectly portioned, and oh-so-easy. What a perfect dessert for your next dinner party! If you prefer to have one large cake instead, simply use a regular Bundt pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (15.25 oz.) devil’s food cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄4 tsp. almond extract, divided
- 1 cup sweetened fine coconut flakes, divided
- 1 container (16 oz.) chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 mini Bundt cake pans with nonstick baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, water, 2 teaspoons almond extract, and 1⁄3 cup coconut. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes until well combined.
- Divide batter equally among the prepared pans. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes until cakes are set. Remove from oven, cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove from pans and cool 20 minutes on wire racks.
- Place half of the frosting in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 14 seconds. Stir, then microwave an additional 10 seconds. Stir in remaining frosting and microwave in 10 second intervals until the frosting is liquid and pourable. Stir in remaining almond extract.
- Pour icing over each of the cakes, then top with a sprinkle of the remaining coconut.