Great alone or with a fruit dessert. Store in an airtight container. To crisp, put in a low-temperature oven for one or two minutes.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Sugar substitute for baking equal to 7 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ cup finely ground blanched almonds
- ⅓ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. Cointreau
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil 2 17" x 14" baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar substitute and egg whites until the whites are frothy and the sugar substitute is dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the batter is somewhat smooth.
- Place rounded teaspoon-sized dollops of dough on the prepared baking sheets, leaving a 1" space between each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes or until the edges turn golden. Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a wire rack. Let cool completely.