You can vary the nuts in these delicate cookies for different flavors. Just omit the almond extract and add another 1⁄2 teaspoon of vanilla.
Makes: 60Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and 2⁄3 cup confectioners’ sugar together. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Stir in flour and almonds.
- Using about 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie, shape dough into crescents.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Roll gently in remaining confectioners’ sugar while warm.