Ground almonds are a delicious, gluten-free alternative to breadcrumbs in this crunchy coating for cod.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. lemon pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup ground raw almonds
- 2 cod fillets (6 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ large lemon
- Beat the egg whites in a small shallow bowl and set aside.
- Combine garlic powder, lemon pepper, parsley, salt, pepper, and almonds in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip each fillet in egg white and then coat with almond mixture on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add coated fillets and cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until cod is golden and flakes easily.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on each fillet before serving.