Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Packed with protein and just enough sweetness, these pancakes will sustain you far better than the traditional version. Almond flour and rice flour are more fragile than regular flour because of their lack of gluten. Flip these pancakes carefully to avoid breakage.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups almond meal
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1⁄8 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the almond milk and vanilla.
- Add the maple syrup, salt, baking powder, almond meal, and flour and whisk until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Heat a nonstick griddle to medium heat or 250°F. Pour 1⁄4 cup of the batter into the skillet for each pancake. Flip the pancakes when bubbles start to pop, about 3 minutes. Gently flip pancakes and cook until golden. Serve with your favorite pancake toppings.