Almond Flour Loaf Bread
Many people miss sandwich bread when they cannot eat grains or gluten. This high-protein sandwich bread is supplemented with ground flaxseeds.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup arrowroot starch or tapioca starch
- 1⁄4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan generously with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour, arrowroot starch, flaxseeds, sea salt, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, honey, and vinegar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until you have a wet batter. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in pan for 5 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Wait until bread has cooled completely before slicing with a sharp, serrated bread knife.