Almond Flour Savory Crescent Rolls
This versatile almond flour pastry makes delicious crescent rolls, pie crusts, or single-serving sweet pies.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 Tbsp. cold coconut oil (cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Cut in the coconut oil with a pastry blender until it resembles small peas throughout the mixture. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the honey and eggs. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until you have a stiff dough.
- Shape the dough into two large balls. Refrigerate the balls 15 minutes before using. Sprinkle additional blanched almond flour onto the parchment paper or plastic wrap to help keep the dough from sticking. Place the dough on a floured surface. Top with a sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap and roll the dough out into a 12-inch circle. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 8 triangles.
- Roll up the triangles starting from the wide end to the point. Place each roll about 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and slightly puffy.