Almonds are common ingredients in sweet Italian dishes. Enjoy this bread for breakfast or as a snack with tea.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped or slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, then add the milk and almond extract.
- Combine the flour, butter mixture, and egg mixture. Fold in the nuts. Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm.