Almond Orange Fondue
This chocolate fondue is perfect for a romantic dessert after a main meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- ¼ tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 tsp. orange liqueur
- 2 medium kiwi, cut in wedges
- 2 medium oranges, peeled with the pith removed
- 8 almond cookies
- Combine the whipping cream, chocolate, almond extract, and grated orange peel in a metal bowl and place on top of a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Melt the chocolate on low to medium-low heat, stirring frequently and making sure that it doesn’t boil. Stir in the orange liqueur.
- Transfer the fondue mixture to the fondue pot and set on the burner. Keep the fondue warm on low heat. Serve with the fruit and cookies for dipping.