Almond Pudding (Badam Ki Kheer)
This tasty pudding is traditionally made with ground almonds, here we add ground cashews.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 2 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup blanched almonds
- ¼ cup unsalted cashews
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- Bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add the almonds and cashews to the boiled water. Leave immersed in the water for at least 2 hours.
- Drain the almonds and cashews and transfer to a blender. Add 1 cup of the milk and blend to a coarse paste.
- In a deep pan, combine the rest of the milk and sugar; mix. Taste and add more sugar if needed. Add the nut paste.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 to 20 minutes or until the pudding is very creamy. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes. Serve.