Almond Tamari Noodle Salad
This play on traditional Asian noodle flavors comes together so quickly, it might just feel like you ordered takeout.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4 oz. soba noodles or other whole-grain pasta
- 1 Tbsp. creamy almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. tamari or dark soy sauce
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 scallion, greens only, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add noodles and reduce heat slightly. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
- Drain liquid and return hot noodles to the pan. Stir in almond butter, tamari, and red pepper flakes.
- In a small, heavy skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium to medium-low heat. Stir frequently and remove from heat once seeds have turned light golden.
- Divide noodles between 2 bowls, and top with seeds, scallions, and almonds.