Almond Vegetable Stir Fry
This Asian-inspired dish with lots of flavor and crunchy vegetables is a great topping for rice or noodles. You’ll want to have friends—and chopsticks—on hand when you whip up this quick dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. powdered ginger
- ⅔ cup slivered almonds
- 4 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 3 cups Thai or Asian frozen vegetable mix
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. lemon pepper
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, coconut sugar, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger until smooth and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast slivered almonds.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add vegetable mix, salt, black pepper, lemon pepper, and garlic. Cook the vegetables, stirring often, until they are cooked through and begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add the prepared sauce and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 2 minutes until the sauce is heated through and thickened.
- Serve over rice. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.