Almost Homemade Shepherd’s Pie
Save to My Recipes
Shepherd’s pie is a mixture of meat and vegetables topped with mashed potatoes. This easy version is a snap to make.
Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
- 1¼ lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) cream of potato soup
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (16 oz.) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 2½-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In large pan, cook beef with onion and garlic, stirring to break up beef, until browned. Add flour and pepper; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add ketchup, soup, vegetables, and Worcestershire sauce; simmer 5 minutes then pour into prepared dish.
- Prepare potatoes as directed; stir in sour cream and cheese. Spoon and spread over beef mixture. Bake for 25 minutes until potatoes are golden brown.