Alpine Mint Hot Chocolate
One sip of this decadent hot chocolate will transport you to a cozy ski lodge in the Alps! Patterned sweater optional.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon plus 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 cups white vanilla baking chips
- Candy cane or crushed hard peppermint candy, if desired
- In chilled small bowl, mix whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa and peppermint extract with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk just to simmering over medium-low heat (do not boil). Reduce heat to low. Add baking chips; stir constantly with wire whisk until melted and smooth.
- Pour hot chocolate into cups or mugs. Top each serving with whipped cream. Garnish with candy cane for stirring, or sprinkle with crushed candies.