These cookies are bursting with nuts, fruit, and white chocolate. Any dried fruit would be delicious in this recipe.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 10 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coconut
- 2⁄3 chopped white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a bowl. Stir and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and granulated sugar. Beat for 5 minutes until very light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat for another 5 minutes. Add the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Remove from the mixer and fold in the almonds, apricots, coconut, and white chocolate.
- Scoop dough by the tablespoon and roll into balls. Roll the cookie dough balls in the confectioners’ sugar and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten the balls about the thickness of a pencil.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges just begin to color. Remove from oven and cool on racks before serving.