This classic, sweet-and-creamy, all-American salad is made with freshly whipped-and-sweetened cream, mandarin oranges, pineapple, coconut, and pecans. This is always a hit at potlucks, picnics, and holiday gatherings.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup (8 oz.) heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice from canned pineapple
- 2 cans (14 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained, reserving juice
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, add whipping cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla. Beat until soft peaks form. Beat in pineapple juice. Fold in oranges, pineapple, coconut, and pecans.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes before serving.