American Carrot Salad
The contrasting colors of carrots and parsley and the flavors of lemon and mustard make this a bright salad, both in color and flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parsley leaves
- In a blender, combine salad oil, honey mustard, and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Toss carrots and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and toss well to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors develop.