American Deviled Eggs
This is a favorite in the South and Midwest of the United States. It should be everywhere.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. yellow mustard
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. celery salt
- ¼ tsp. dill weed
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- ⅛ tsp. paprika
- Put eggs in cold water and bring to a boil. Cover with lid, turn off heat, and set timer for 15 minutes.
- Run cold water in pan and let eggs cool off in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Peel eggs and cut in half. Scoop yolks out into bowl. Mash yolks with fork and mix them with all ingredients except paprika. Fill whites with spoonful of yolk mixture. Cover and chill.
- To serve, sprinkle paprika on yolks.