Andouille Sausage Breakfast Bake
This all-in-one breakfast casserole is such a snap to make, and you can prepare it the night before. Just refrigerate overnight and pop it into the oven when you get up in the morning. It’s a great breakfast for a holiday or busy weekends.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups sliced Andouille sausage
- 4 cups torn French bread
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1⁄8 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with butter.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet, stirring frequently. Drain well. Spread bread over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Evenly layer browned sausage and green onion over bread. Sprinkle with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, Creole seasoning, remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, and paprika. Whisk until well blended. Pour evenly over bread. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set in the center. If refrigerated overnight, take the casserole out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking.