Angelic Buttermilk Yeasted Biscuits
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. nonfat buttermilk powder
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
- 2¾ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- Put buttermilk powder, sugar, and warm water in food processor; process until mixed. Sprinkle yeast over top; pulse once or twice to mix. Allow mixture to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes, or until yeast begins to bubble. Add all remaining ingredients to food processor; pulse until mixed, being careful not to over-mix.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Move dough to a floured work surface. Pat into a round and cup biscuits out with a biscuit cutter or glass. Move the biscuits to a baking sheet and cover. Set baking sheet in warm place; allow biscuits to rise for about 15 minutes.
- Bake biscuits for 12–15 minutes.